2280 S. Industrial Hwy. Ann Arbor, MI 48104
HALLOWEEN has now arrived at the shop!
NEW CLOTHING PRICES EFFECTIVE SEPT 2ND
LOOK FOR A NEW PRICE GUIDE ON OUR BULLETIN BOARD IN THE LOBBY
With our first price increase since Spring 2011, we hope to continue to provide low prices for customers and increase support for AAPS and its students.
Donate to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop Transportation Fund!
Supporting enrichment transportation for AAPS students at every school.
Taking students above and beyond.
All monetary donations are itemized as Donation Income by the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop. Applicable PayPal fees ONLY are deducted from donor contributions on a per transaction basis.
Donations are 100% tax deductible.
Contact our Executive Director:
Weekly Sales Information
The sales color of the week is YELLOW
Yellow tagged clothes are 50 cents.
Yellow tagged furniture is 25% off.
Yellow tagged linens, rugs, pillows, fabric, and yarn are half-off.
10% off Senior discount offered every day of the week, (60 years or over). Please have ID handy for cashier.
25% off purchase on your Birthday with a valid I.D.
25% off Student Discount every Saturday. Must have current student ID.
25% off to AAPS Staff with valid ID every Sunday! Must show valid AAPS ID to cashier to receive discount.
SUPPORT AAPS AND ITS STUDENTS WHEN YOU DONATE GENTLY-USED AND NEW ITEMS TO OUR SHOP!
SORRY! We cannot accept donations when it's raining or snowing due to spoilage by moisture.
Please donate your gently-used furniture.
Free Furniture Pickups -- rain, snow or shine!
Call us for details.
Need HELP accessing our shop to donate? Please ask for assitance from a member of our staff.
OUR ELECTRONICS RETURN POLICY
We now have a return policy for electronic items only!
Item MUST be returned within 7 days.
Item MUST not work properly.
Item MUST be accompanied with receipt and
original stickers must be on the product:
price sticker as well as,
"we have tested item it works,
all sales final" sticker.
Without these no refund will be given.
Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop -- find us and like us on Facebook!
Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop
Your source for unique, gently-used treasures -- with all proceeds headed to the public school students of Ann Arbor.
Supporting the Ann Arbor Public Schools and its students for over 20 years!
Our mission is to donate the proceeds from our resale shop to the Parent-Teacher Organizations organized and operated to support the Ann Arbor Public Schools, and other 501(c)3 organizations whose sole purposes include operating exclusively for the benefit of the Ann Arbor Public Schools in support of enrichment and extra-curricular programs for students. The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
The PTO Thrift Shop relies solely on donations from the community.
Your participation -- as a shopper, a donor, and a fundraiser for your school community -- is essential to our mission of providing much-needed financial support for student activities.
Many thanks for your continued support!
AAPS FUNDRAISING News
We distribute all of our profits through fundraising activities and offer fundraising opportunities on a first-come, first-served basis, as our budget allows. Email us for more details: email@example.com
We offer fundraising opportunities to member AAPS PTOs, teams, clubs and school-affiliated groups through the following Fundraising Activities.
- Show Your Support poster promotions: approximately 180 school groups will participate in this promotional fundraising activity over the school year with four different groups fundraising each week. Contact us by email for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promos In Publications: If you have a school- or group-based publication and can print/distribute our promotional artwork on the back cover then your group can earn funds from us. This is how we help spread the word to shoppers and donors within the AAPS community. Your group helps promote our shop when you print and/or distribute our shop promo. Find out more about this and all of our fundraising opportunities. email@example.com
See our Fundraising Activities link or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can raise funds for your extracurricular and student enrichment activities throughout the school year!
EACH WEEK IN OUR SHOP LOBBY...
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Support AAPS PTO's, teams, groups, clubs & organizations by shopping with us.
For every $5 you spend in our shop you can receive a token in support of one of the school groups hosting weekly displays about their student enrichment activities.
Check out their posters in the front lobby whenever AAPS is in session this year and 'Cast Your Token' in support of the school group of your choice.
We distribute $1000 each week of the Ann Arbor Public School's calendar and into the early weeks of summer break. Funding is based on the percentage of the total tokens collected by each group each week so as each group collects tokens, each group earns funds -- everybody wins with SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
If your school group is interested in participating in SHOW YOUR SUPPORT fundraising, contact your School Rep or email us directly at email@example.com.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT fundraisers begin in early September each school year and continue until all groups have had an opportunity to participate. This fundraising continues well into July each summer.
Visit us, shop, and Show Your Support for student enrichment every week. All profits from shop sales go to AAPS and its students!
Support AAPS all year when you donate and shop with us!
MORE Shop News
- We love expanding our AAPS Membership community! Since the start of the 2012-13 school year, every single Ann Arbor Public School is represented and receives funding from us. This is great news for our school community!
- It's official -- we won! Over the past few years, we have been named the top Thrift, Resale or Secondhand Shop in Ann Arbor by annarbor.com and the CURRENT magazine readers and voters in their annual local "BEST OF" contests. We appreciate your support!
- The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop warehouse was the unique site of the Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation 2011 fundraising campaign kick-off in early March, 2011. A gift of $10,000 was given by the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop to the AAPSEF in support of AAPS's educational goals for the coming year. The event was a celebration of our public schools, bringing together a variety of supporters -- AAPSEF donors, AAPS Board of Educations members and administrators, city officials, and board members from both shop and foundation. Entertainment was provided by Community High Schools' talented Jazz Ensemble and the event -- from 6 to 7:30 pm -- was deliciously catered by Chartwells' Executive Chef Neil Murphy.
- Since the start of the 2010-11 school year, our shop has pledged up to $100,000 annually to the Ann Arbor Public Schools field trip bus budget through the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop Transportation Fund. All students at every school are able to benefit from this annual giving to our school district.
- Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation received a major gift of $100,000 to their "One Million Reasons" campaign from the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop in July, 2010. The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop is proud to present this gift on behalf of our students, parents, supporters, volunteers and shoppers to ensure great educational opportunities as well as support for enrichment and extra-curricular programs. www.aapsef.org
- The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop has been recognized annually as a Waste Knot Partner by the Waste Knot Program, Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program. We are thrilled to join this group of businesses, schools, and nonprofits dedicated to reducing waste and protecting the environment.
- 10% off Senior discount offered every day of the week, (60 years or over). Remember to show your ID and ask your cashier for your Senior discount.
- 25% off Student discount on Saturdays. Must have valid student ID present. This includes students at all levels of school so shop with us!
- A discount is offered to AAPS STAFF on the first Sunday of every month: this is AAPS Appreciation Day at the shop! We offer a 25% discount to customers with valid, current AAPS Staff ID. Must show ID to cashier at time of purchase to receive discount. We support AAPS!
- A fresh batch of clothing is reduced to 50¢ every week.
- FREE FURNITURE PICK-UP in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and most of Saline and Dexter. Call us to schedule!
Our thanks goes out to...
- Ron Cowen of Ron's Garage (1130 Rosewood St., Ann Arbor) gets our thanks for the "quick and quality" welding repair to the lift gate latch on our delivery truck. Ron's offer to make the repair saved us from having the truck and a driver out of commission for a day. Thanks Ron!!! Visit Ron's Garage online at www.ronsgaragea2.com
- The AAPS PTOs, clubs/organizations and Volunteer Representatives -- especially our dedicated community of past, current, and continuing AAPS PTO School Reps -- we thank you for your service towards the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop's efforts to support Ann Arbor Public Schools! Together we are fulfilling our mission and strengthening the AAPS community.
- Our community of donors for not only sending us your treasures -- which directly benefit the AAPS students -- but also promoting recycling and helping to reduce waste!
- ACME Mercantile gets our thanks for donating extra inventory to our shop in support of AAPS! Ann Arbor shoppers can continue to visit them online at http://www.acmemercantile.com/
- Boxes and boxes of thanks to Chelsea Milling Company, "Jiffy Mix" for the recent donation of several large storage containers. Thank you!
- A HUGE THANKS to SAM'S CLUB 5450 Carpenter Road,Ypsilanti,MI for donating much needed shopping carts to help our customers shop and keep our store running smoothly! Shop the PTO Thrift Shop! Shop Sam's Club! www.samsclub.com
- Art Van Furniture for supporting the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop!
- The experts at Arbor Vacuum on Carpenter (at Packard) for helping us choose the best vacuum cleaner for our busy shop!
- We gratefully acknowledge Coca-Cola's Coke Zero and Chartwells (AAPS Catering) for sponsoring our promotional sports banners in support of AAPS high school teams.
- A special mention must go to Chartwells' (AAPS Catering) for their continuing -- and delicious -- support of our AAPS School Rep community at our Payout Meetings throughout the year. Thank you, Chef Neil and the whole Chartwells' crew for feeding our crew!
- Thanks also go out to Skyline High School Robotics Club, Pilar's Tamale Cart, Kroger, Hiller's and Plum Markets for their help on our first-ever Warehouse Clothing Sale!
Got FEEDBACK? Contact our Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org