Acceptable ItemsYour donations are the foundation of our mission's success. We can't take EVERYTHING... but we can take MOST of it!
PLEASE NOTE: Christmas Holiday themed items will only be accepted through Monday, Jan. 29, 2018.
No Christmas Holiday themed items will be accepted Jan. 30 – Sept. 30, 2018.
We will accept them again beginning Oct. 1, 2018. Thank you!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS AND SUPPORT!
ITEMS WE ACCEPT:
(must be clean, smoke-free and in working order)
- Antiques and collectibles
- Art, paintings, sculptures, photos
- Blinds, curtain rods (new in box/packaging only)
- Books: children’s and adults
- Clothing: all sizes, also scrubs, uniforms
- Dishes, china, glasses
- DVDs and videocassettes
- Electronics: cameras, DVD players, VCRS, stereos, turntables, speakers, clocks, radios, game consoles, phones
- Fabrics, sewing, yarn, Art/Craft supplies
- Furniture: home and office
- Games, puzzles, toys: clean with all parts and pieces.
- Gardening/potting supplies, tools
- Greeting cards, postcards
- Hardware: tools, cords, adaptors, etc.
- Hair and beauty: clothes irons, curling irons, hair dryers
- Holiday items
- Home décor: rugs, vases, artificial flowers and plants, baskets, candles, candleholders, mirrors
- Jewelry, watches
- Kitchen: pots, pans, baking, cooking utensils, Tupperware, Rubbermaid, lunch boxes Knickknacks, souvenir items
- Lamps Linens: pillows, quilts, blankets, curtains, sheets, towels
- Magazines: craft, needlepoint, sewing
- Mattresses: futons, box-springs
- Musical instruments (except organs), sheet music
- Office supplies
- Party supplies
- Pet supplies
- Pictures, posters, frames
- Purses, wallets, ties, suspenders, belts hats, gloves, scarves, hankies, tights
- Records, tapes, CDs
- School supplies
- Shoes, boots, slippers
- Small kitchen appliances: microwave ovens (made within the last 5 years), coffee makers, bread makers, ice-cream makers, waffle irons, electric grills, blenders, grinders, mixers
- Sports Items: seasonally appropriate
- Store fixtures: mannequins, clothing racks, commercial shelving, shopping carts
- Suitcases, backpacks
- Televisions, made within the last 5 years
- Video and computer games
- Vintage and retro clothing
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Recalled items.
- Toxic or unsafe goods.
- Wet, moldy or mildewed items.
- Items that smell of cigarette smoke or mothballs.
- Disassembled items/furniture.
- Items containing freon — this includes mini-refridgerators and dehumidifiers due to high freon disposal costs. Items in poor condition, dirty, broken, missing parts and/or pieces.
- Baby Equipment: car seats, booster seats, baths, cribs, high chairs, swings, play pens, walkers, potty chairs, strollers
- Building materials
- Cleaners, household paints, industrial solvents, lamp oil
- Computers, printers, monitors, toner, ink cartridges
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, Readers Digest, software manuals
- Food (including decorative bottles containing oil/herbs).
- Electronics/lamps with exposed wiring (must have outlet plug).
- Helmets, flotation devices, life jackets Inflatable items
- Large appliances, including all refrigerators and dehumidifiers (anything containing freon)
- Large exercise equipment/machines
- Microwaves older than 5 years
- Stained clothes, mattresses, futons
- Stuffed animals
- Televisions older than 5 years
Don’t see it listed here? Call the shop at 734-996-9155 to arrange for your donation of unique or unusual items. REMEMBER TO PICK UP YOUR TAX-DEDUCTION RECEIPT!
Got FEEDBACK? Contact our Director of Promotions & Communications: email@example.com