Acceptable ItemsYour donations are the foundation of our mission's success. We can't take EVERYTHING... but we can take MOST of it!
ITEMS WE ACCEPT:
(must be clean, smoke-free and in working order)
- Antiques, vintage and collectible items, art, paintings, sculptures, photos
- Furniture: indoor/outdoor, home and office (assembled), mattresses, box springs, futons – CLEAN – no stains, no odors
- Home Décor: CLEAN rugs, vases, artificial flowers and plants, baskets, candles, candleholders, Ceramics, knickknacks, souvenir Items, framed mirrors, pictures, posters, frames, window blinds, curtain rods (must be new in box/packaging only), lamps (must have outlet plug), solar lamps
- Kitchen: dishes, china, flatware, glasses, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, baking, cast iron, cooking utensils, Tupperware, Rubbermaid, lunch boxes
- Clothing and Footwear, including costumes, vintage, wedding and formal, CLEAN and in RESALABLE CONDITION (seasonal labels helpful), clothes hangers (no metal wire hangers)
- Linens: pillows, quilts, blankets, curtains, sheets, towels
- Health and beauty: eye glasses/sunglasses, hair accessories, curling irons, hair dryers, scales, perfumes, unopened lotions, soaps, samples and hotel size.
- Magazines (Craft related ONLY), fabrics, sewing machines, patterns, sewing accessories, yarn, arts/crafts supplies, scrapbooking supplies
- Bikes, tricycles, wagons, sports Items – seasonally appropriate (no skis/ski equipment, no golf clubs), non-inflatable flotation devices/life jackets
- Electronics: cameras, DVD players, VCRs, stereos, turntables, speakers, clocks, radios, game consoles, phones, etc. (No exposed wiring), flat-screen televisions only (working, up to 5 years old or less), video and computer games
- Small Appliances: fans, space heaters, clothing irons, mixers, microwave ovens (working, up to 5 years old or less), coffee makers, bread makers, ice-cream makers, waffle irons, electric grills, blenders, grinders, etc.
- Books: children’s and adults
- Games, puzzles, toys – CLEAN with all parts and pieces.
- Gardening/potting supplies, tools – CLEAN
- Holiday Items– All Holidays: (Note: Christmas items only accepted seasonally Oct. 1st – January 31st)
- Luggage, backpacks, trunks
- Purses, wallets, ties, suspenders, belts hats, gloves, scarves, hankies, tights
- Medical: wheelchairs, walkers, crutches
- Musical Instruments, Sheet Music, Vinyl records, CDs, DVDs
- Office supplies, school supplies, teacher supplies, greeting cards, postcards, party supplies, wrapping paper, bows, gift bags
- Pet supplies (no litter boxes)
- Store fixtures: mannequins, commercial shelving, shopping carts, clothing racks
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Recalled items, unsafe goods, cleaners, household paints, industrial solvents, lamp oil – NO TOXICS!
- Nothing wet, moldy or mildewed, items that have odors or other evidence of pets, tobacco, mothballs, mildew, mold, or infestation
- Items in poor condition, dirty/stained, broken, missing parts and pieces
- Disassembled items/furniture, large appliances, items containing Freon, humidifiers, de-humidifiers, vacuum cleaners/carpet cleaners.
- Baby Equipment: car seats, booster seats, baths, cribs, high chairs, swings, play pens, pack ‘n plays, strollers, potty chairs (baby/adult)
- Computers, printers, monitors, fax machines, toner, ink cartridges
- Building materials, electronics, lamps or electrical items with exposed wiring (must have outlet plug).
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, computer and software manuals, Reader’s Digest, magazines (unless craft related)
- Food (including decorative jars with oil/herbs), living plants
- Helmets (unless new in package)
- Inflatable items, including mattresses
- Large exercise equipment/machines
- Stained items: clothing, linens, furniture
- Stuffed animals
- Televisions more than 5 years old
- Tents (unless new in package)
- Underwear (except bras)
- VHS tapes and cassette tapes
Don’t see it listed here? Call the shop at 734-996-9155 to arrange for your donation of unique or unusual items. REMEMBER TO PICK UP YOUR TAX-DEDUCTION RECEIPT!