Furniture PickupsYour donations are the foundation of our mission's success.
We are sorry to say that our truck is out of service until we fill a driver vacancy. See the Shop Updates Tab for details.
Have furniture you would like to donate? Do you need your item(s) picked up?
We offer free furniture pickups in the Ann Arbor – Ypsilanti area. Currently, we are making pickups on Wednesdays only. Due to the Coronavirus, our Drivers are NOT ENTERING occupied residences. Items must be in a garage or other weather protected area, like a covered porch or patio, or an unoccupied dwelling. We suggest you schedule in a timely manner – we are frequently fully booked 2 to 3 weeks out!
If you are interested in scheduling a pickup, please send an email to:
Please include the following in your email:
- Your name and a phone number where you can be reached*
- Your street address and zip code*
- A list of the items you would like us to pick up
- Photos of each item (if you have the ability to email photos)
- Your preferred Wednesday date – remember, we are frequently fully booked 2 to 3 weeks out!
If you are unable to email us, call the Shop at 734-996-9155. If your phone call goes to voicemail please leave your name and phone number so that we can reach you.
Please Note: Due to the costs of scheduling, truck staffing, and our vehicle expenses, we cannot schedule pickups of small items or individual items that are not estimated to meet or exceed our costs.
Your email will be answered in 24-48 hours with a phone call from us to further discuss the furniture donation. Once this step is completed, we will either book your date and time, or offer alternatives that you can pursue.
Keep in mind that our coming to your location is not a guarantee of acceptance. Upon arrival at your location, our Drivers will inspect the item(s) and will either accept them or decline them.
Why would my item be declined?
- Condition Issues – For detailed information, please refer to our Items We Do & Do Not Accept tab. Items must be in clean, resellable condition, ready to be on the sales floor!
- It is an item we do not accept, for instance we do not accept older sofa sleepers, mattresses, or box springs
- Your item is a difficult sell, or we are currently overstocked with similar items
- Your item cannot be safely removed from your location by our two Staff members (this is a rare occurrence – our Truck Crew is amazing!)
We can offer you a list of other possible donation locations for any items we do not accept.
A tax receipt will be provided for the items we do accept.
Your donation to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop supports our mission to the Ann Arbor Public School PTOs and students! Thank you for contacting us!
* Personal information collected will be used for the sole purpose and intent for which it is given. No personal information is saved or added to any lists of any kind.