Fundraising ActivitiesLet us help you!
Fundraising with the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop involves promotional activities in support of our shop — and most are easy to do. Each of the fundraising opportunities available for Ann Arbor Public School groups help the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop by bringing in donations, encouraging shopping, and providing other valuable support. We provide these opportunities to PTOs, PTSOs, Parent and Coordinating Councils, teams, clubs and groups at all grade levels of Ann Arbor Public Schools as a way to distribute our operating profits. Our profits are based on sales and fundraising income as well as operating costs over the course of each school year. Please note that all of our fundraising opportunities are subject to our operating budget and support the needs of the shop. All of our fundraising opportunities are promotional in nature. We coordinate them through your School Rep. When you fundraise with us, your group promotes our shop and helps grow our community profile within your school community. In this way, our fundraising activities help to grow our profits. Here’s what groups can do:
- 2017 Veteran’s Day Cash Raffle Fundraiser (Operated under Large Raffle License R43759 by the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop, Inc.): Tickets are printed for pre-sale — and are packaged and ready to be picked up by group sellers. Learn how your AAPS group’s fundraising goals can be reached via our Veteran’s Day 2017 Cash Raffle Fundraiser! With $4000 in prizes to be awarded — $1000 FIRST PRIZE, 2x $500 SECOND PRIZES, 8X $250 THIRD PRIZES as well as 3x $100 GIFT CERTIFICATES — the drawing will be held on November 11, 2017 between 5pm-5:30pm at 2280 S. Industrial Hwy. Tickets are $5. Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase per Michigan Gaming Law. Earnings by AAPS group will be distributed in our January 2018 payout — all proceeds will benefit AAPS, its PTOs, teams, clubs and student groups and enrichment activities. Please note that the payout for this fundraising activity must occur after the prize draw and all raffle financial reports have been completed. Ticket packets, which include all the information you need, are available at the shop at our Customer Service Desk. Ask for a manager to sign out your packet. Don’t miss out on this fundraising opportunity! We provide AAPS groups the following to make this fundraiser a success: printed tickets in a customized packet with a record sheet; sales opportunities in the shop lobby; flyers to distribute electronically and/or print for backpack mail; a radio advertising campaign on annarbors107one; and, we will wrap it all up on the drawing date with special Veteran’s Day savings in the shop! This raffle fundraiser is a WIN-WIN for AAPS groups!!!
- Promos in Publications: Promote the shop in your school, PTO, team, group, or club’s annual or seasonal publications using our promotional artwork. This promotional activity helps spread the word about the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop and its work on behalf of AAPS students to your school community. It’s an easy way to earn extra funds for your group. Eligible publications are wide-ranging and include school directories, PTO and PTSO newsletters/e-newsletters plus seasonal team sports programs, performance programs and playbills (including theatre, orchestra, band, choir and jazz band), and other year- or season-long publications, as deemed appropriate. A PDF of our Promotional artwork must be used as provided for a full page ad any place in your printed item that you feel will give the shop good exposure. A pdf of our Promotional Artwork will be emailed to all school reps at the beginning of each school year, along with a Welcome Letter detailing specifics for that year. Verification copies of each publication — proof of successful completion of the fundraising activity — must be provided by email to ensure payout of this fundraising activity. Please email a copy of your promo to: A2PTOPromos@gmail.com. Deadlines are the final day of each payout period (September 30th, January 31st, and May 31st). Payouts for this fundraising activity occur at our regular distributions throughout the school year, from September to May.
- Please note: all activities and funding rates are subject to change based on the needs and budget parameters of the shop. How to participate:
- A representative of a school PTO, booster club, or organized club (president, PTO officer, fundraising chair, club faculty adviser, etc.) contacts us and we will start a records worksheet for your school PTO or other group. We will assist you with further information such as guidelines and fundraising amounts.
- Your school PTO must have an Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop liaison or representative — a “School Rep” — to participate in our fundraising programs. See What’s a Rep?
- For group fundraising activities, your group organizes the event by enlisting volunteers, publicizing the event in your school, and following any guidelines as provided by email.
- The Thrift Shop keeps track of the support activities performed by your PTO, clubs, or organizations. Funds for all participation in our fundraising activities will be included for your school PTO on each payout date.
- Club, group, team, etc. activities at each school are itemized in the payout report received by your school PTO Treasurer to make distribution or crediting to various clubs or organizations simple and easy for you.