Fundraising ActivitiesLet us help you!
Fundraising with the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop involves promotional activities in support of our shop — and most are easy to do. Each of the fundraising opportunities available for Ann Arbor Public School groups help the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop by bringing in donations, encouraging shopping, and providing other valuable support. We provide these opportunities to all grade levels of Ann Arbor Public Schools as a way to distribute our operating profits. Our profits are based on sales and fundraising income as well as operating costs over the course of each school year. Please note that all of our fundraising opportunities are subject to our operating budget and support the needs of the shop. All of our fundraising opportunities are promotional in nature. We coordinate them through your School Rep. When you fundraise with us, your group promotes our shop and helps grow our community profile within your school community. In this way, our fundraising activities help to grow our profits which we then distribute to the schools. Here’s what groups can do:
- 2019 Veteran’s Day Cash Raffle Fundraiser (Operated under Large Raffle License R54556 by the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop, Inc.): Tickets are printed for pre-sale — and will be packaged and ready to be picked up by group sellers by August 15th. An email will be sent to all reps when the packets are ready. Learn how your AAPS group’s fundraising goals can be reached via our Veteran’s Day 2019 Cash Raffle Fundraiser! With $4000 in prizes to be awarded — $1000 FIRST PRIZE, two $500 SECOND PRIZES, eight $250 THIRD PRIZES as well as three $100 GIFT CERTIFICATES — the drawing will be held on November 9, 2019 between 5pm-5:30pm at 2280 S. Industrial Hwy. Tickets are $5. Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase per Michigan Gaming Law. Earnings by AAPS groups will be distributed in our January 2020 payout — all proceeds will benefit AAPS, its PTOs, teams, clubs and student groups and enrichment activities. Please note that the payout for this fundraising activity must occur after the prize draw and all raffle financial reports have been completed. Ticket packets, which include all the information you need, will be available at the shop at our Customer Service Desk. Ask for a manager to sign out your packet. Don’t miss out on this fundraising opportunity! We provide AAPS groups the following to make this fundraiser a success: printed tickets in a customized packet with a record sheet; sales opportunities in the shop lobby; flyers to distribute electronically and/or print for backpack mail (Click here for Raffle flyer); a radio advertising campaign on annarbors107one; and, we will wrap it all up on the drawing date with special Veteran’s Day savings in the shop! This raffle fundraiser is a WIN-WIN for AAPS groups!!!
- Show Your Support In-Shop Rotations (SYS): About every two weeks, starting Sept. 30th, four-five schools will compete for the most “votes” to earn their part of $1500. All schools will be assigned two 2-week rotations. Each PTO will decide if they want to spotlight a group/club/sport that shoppers will “vote” for. If no choice is made two weeks prior to a school’s rotation, the PTO will receive the votes. No posters are required – all schools’ PTOs will be participating! For each $5 purchase, a shopper receives one token to drop into a bucket. If one PTO receives 45% of the total tokens, then that PTO will receive 45% of the $1500. Families can also purchase shapes ($1 Stars, $2 Apples, and $5 Buses) to support their school’s PTO! 100% of shape sales go to the PTO chosen. After two weeks, a new group of school PTOs are highlighted and the cycle continues. Attached is a calendar showing which schools’ PTOs are assigned to which weeks. Click here for SYS assigned weeks.
- Promos in Publications: Promote the shop in your school, PTO, team, group, or club’s publications using our promotional artwork. This promotional activity helps spread the word about the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop and its work on behalf of AAPS students to your school community. It’s an easy way to earn extra funds for your group. Eligible publications are wide-ranging and include school directories, PTO and PTSO newsletters/e-newsletters plus team sports programs, performance programs and playbills (including theatre, orchestra, band, choir and jazz band). Publications and emails must be distributed/available to your entire school in order to receive credit. Promos placed in emailed publications must be embedded in the email, not as a link or attachment to receive credit. A PDF of our current Promotional artwork must be used as provided for a full page ad in your printed item. A pdf of our Promotional Artwork will be emailed to all school reps at the beginning of the school year, along with a Welcome Letter detailing specifics for that year. Submission of old artwork will not receive credit. Please make sure you are using artwork from the current year. Click here for this year’s Welcome Letter. Once again, the promo art will change every four months and highlight pertinent information in the shop for that period. Please make sure you pay attention to the name of the promo you use. The file name will include the correct dates to use each promo. Publications using incorrect/old promos will not receive credit. Promos will also be posted here as they become available. Click here for our Winter Promo (Dec 2019 – March 2020). Verification copies of each publication — proof of successful completion of the fundraising activity — must be provided by email to ensure payout of this fundraising activity. This can include a picture taken of our ad in your publication, or an email forwarded with our ad displayed. Please email a copy of your promo (or forward an email) to: A2PTOPromos@gmail.com. Deadlines are the final day of each payout period (September 30th, January 31st, and May 31st). Payouts for this fundraising activity occur at our regular distributions throughout the school year, from September to May.
Please note: all activities and funding rates are subject to change based on the needs and budget parameters of the shop. How to participate:
- A representative of a school PTO, booster club, or organized club contacts us and we will start a records worksheet for your school.
- Your school PTO must have an Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop liaison or representative — a “School Rep” — to participate in our fundraising programs. Find out about School Reps on our Fundraising Homepage.
- For group fundraising activities, your group organizes the event by enlisting volunteers, publicizing the event in your school, and following any guidelines as provided by email.
- The Thrift Shop keeps track of the support activities performed by your PTO, clubs, or organizations. This tracking is completed with emails sent to our no-reply promo email (A2PTOPromos@gmail.com). Funds for all participation in our fundraising activities will be included for your school PTO on each payout date.
- Club, group, team, etc. activities at each school are itemized in the payout report received by your school PTO Treasurer to make distribution or crediting to various clubs or organizations simple and easy for you.