What's a Rep?
The school representative – the Rep – is the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop’s primary contact for each school.
A school PTO must identify an adult to serve as its school’s Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop “rep” in order to participate in Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop fundraising activities.
Having a participating School Rep allows school groups to book fundraising activities and receive profit distributions during the school year.
Each participating School Rep:
- promotes the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop within the school community by publicizing the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop in school newsletters (including online versions), on school websites, on PTO blogs, through flyers in” back-pack mail”, on bulletin boards, etc.;
- schedules Fundraising Activities for the school’s groups, clubs, teams, etc., and coordinates those activities, as needed;
- acts as liaison between the school PTO and the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop; communicates information and reminders from the Thrift Shop to the school PTO and school community, and brings suggestions and/or concerns to the attention of the Thrift Shop;
- collects checks for fundraising activities in the form of profit distributions from the shop. The representative then delivers the payout check to the school PTO treasurer;
- is invited to attend all monthly Thrift Shop meetings and annual Rep and General Meetings;
- and, provides the Thrift Shop with their school or PTO’s 501c3 Tax ID Number for reporting purposes.
Schools with representatives:
PreSchools and Elementary Schools
K-8 and Middle Schools
We can connect you to the School Reps listed above. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for your school? It might need a Rep. Sign up to be your school’s Rep and start participating in our fundraising program!