DONATION PROCEDURES (EFFECTIVE JULY 23, 2020)
- Until further notice, please wear a mask or face shield.
- In the interest of time, safety, and to minimize handling, please bring items in a container(s) you can leave with us.
- Depending on the types of donations and the quantities you have, please allow at least 5-10 minutes when donating for a quick review of your items.
- If our Donation’s staff are busy with other donors when you arrive, please observe 6 ft. distancing until we can assist you!
- This is an entirely new donations system, and your patience with us – and if waiting for your turn – will be appreciated!
LIMITED CAPACITY FOR DONATIONS: Why?
- Any day we reach capacity, donations will close early (prior to 5pm). It is best to phone ahead for current open/closed status.
- Occasionally, we may reach capacity for a specific item or items and postpone acceptance of that item(s) until a future date.
- As always, donations will be closed during periods of inclement weather.
- Until further notice, we cannot unload items from your vehicle.
- Our donations drop off is able to accommodate small to medium amounts of donations only.
To Donate Gently-Used Items
We accept donations Thursdays-Saturdays, 10am-5pm, except during inclement weather. We DO NOT accept donations when it is raining or snowing due to the damage even small amounts of water can cause to items.
We reserve the right to CLOSE DONATIONS at any time in order to best support the needs of the shop. Closings will be posted on this website and on our Facebook page. We apologize for any inconvenience to our donors.
We love to get your donations, but can only take them if they are clean and dry and in working and usable condition, suitable for immediate resale. See Condition – Acceptable Items on the “Items We Do & Do Not Accept” tab. Used clothing should be washed or dry-cleaned and in good repair.
Please check the “Items We Do & Do Not Accept” page for guidelines on what we do and do not take and resell, or come in and browse the changing stock for ideas! We may not be able to accept some items based on condition or suitability for sale in our shop. Thank you for your understanding.
We gladly accept new, unused items, too!
Yard sale items can be donated if in good condition, provided all stickers have been removed.
Let us know if you are donating something fragile, or of particular value or collectibility. If your item has been appraised, please tell us.
If you still have any instructions or manuals, please include them with your donation — buyers appreciate them!
Please call the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop Manager at 734-996-9155 if you have questions about your donation.
We gladly accept business donations!
If you are renovating your offices, moving your business, or liquidating merchandise, please consider donating to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop. Donating unsold, returned, or off-season merchandise, office furniture, or shop fixtures to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop is good for the Ann Arbor Public Schools and its students, good for the environment, and a good business decision, too. Save on liquidation or storage costs. Please contact the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop Manager at 734-996-9155 to review your items and quantities and your timeline. A tax receipt will be provided for accepted donations.
How Your Donation Helps
When you donate quality items to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop, you help us support Ann Arbor’s students. The money earned from the resale of your unneeded clothing, jewelry, household goods, furniture, etc., goes to help AAPS schools and their PTOs support student participation in the enrichment and extra-curricular activities of clubs, teams, classes, and organizations.
Your donation also supports community recycling efforts and contributes directly to the local economy. The Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop employs local residents and is an important shopping resource for our community and surrounding towns. When you donate to us, you know that many others in our community will benefit.
We rely 100% on donations from the community. We do not buy from bundlers or other charities. We recycle what we cannot sell. Good, quality donations are essential to our effort.
For more information on how to help make your donation really count, visit our Donation Education tab and learn the difference between Reusable and Resellable.
Thank you for helping our students stay involved in valuable enrichment activities!
All monetary donations are itemized as Donation Income by the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop. Applicable PayPal fees ONLY are deducted from donor contributions on a per transaction basis. Donations are 100% tax deductible.